RadWAV Software for Raspberry Pi Model 2
This page contains the latest Model 2 software. These apps are exclusively for the Raspberry Pi Model 2. RadWAV maintains a separate page with software for the original Raspberry Pi B & B+. The Model 2 apps support many more features and these work with any SkyPi -- even if you built one over a year ago.
New CW Application for RPi 2 [Nov 20, 2015]
1) View the CW App Version 2.1 manual. This includes detailed photographs that show exactly how to connect SkyPi to a Raspberry Pi Model 2 More>>
2) Download the CW Version 2.1 application mentioned in the manual. More>>
3) This download will allow you to run the new application on your RPi Model 2. Enjoy!
Note: This GUI application sends Morse code messages that you type into the memory buffers as shown. The application does not support an old-fashioned straight key, but it has a ton of other free features.
WSPR Application for RPi 2 [Dec 16, 2015]
The RPi Model 2 WSPR code has been tested with the SkyPi-15, SkyPi-17, SkyPi-20, SkyPi-30, and SkyPi-40.
This new code includes automatic frequency calibration, so it is even easier to use than the B/B+ version!
1) Download the application here: radwav_wspr2
2) Open a terminal window, and change to the directory where you saved the download file.
3) Make sure you have permission to execute the file. From the directory, you can type at the prompt: chmod u+x radwav_wspr2
4) Determine your CALLSIGN and GRID -- that is a grid-square location such as FN20.
5) Launch the application by entering the command in green for your version. You must replace CALLSIGN with your personal callsign, such as W3YI, and you must replace GRID with your four-character grid-square, such as FN20:
SkyPi-15: sudo ./radwav_wspr2 -s -r -o CALLSIGN GRID 26 21.0961E6 0.0
SkyPi-17: sudo ./radwav_wspr2 -s -r -o CALLSIGN GRID 28 18.1061E6 0.0
SkyPi-20: sudo ./radwav_wspr2 -s -r -o CALLSIGN GRID 29 14.0971E6 0.0
SkyPi-30: sudo ./radwav_wspr2 -s -r -o CALLSIGN GRID 30 10.1402E6 0.0
SkyPi-40: sudo ./radwav_wspr2 -s -r -o CALLSIGN GRID 30 7.0401E6 0.0
6) Transmission will begin on the next even-numbered minute. It will last for slightly less than two minutes. Then the SkyPi will automatically start the next transmission two minutes later.
7) Visit wsprnet to see the map that shows who has been hearing your transmissions.
8) When you wish to quit, wait until the SkyPi LED's are turned-off and press CTRL-C.